Novation Peak Polyphonic Synth
Broaden out your electronic music, draw in new influences and take artistic risks, the Novation Peak is perfect for the modern electronic musician. It is an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice.
The Peak is a hybrid synth, combing old and new with the innovative unity of digital and analogue technologies. Analogue circuitry provides warmth and character for the filters, VCAs and distortion in Peak, while digital technology provides the control, audio precision and complex processing used for routing, modulation and effects. No matter if analogue or digital is your style, the Novation Peak provides the best of both worlds.
Analogue where it matters – digital where it counts
The oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. They can also become a linear FM source using either the analogue-sounding NCOs or digital wavetables – so are able to cross-modulate in a recursive loop.
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary 'via' assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
The Wavetable Editor unleashes the power of the wavetable oscillators. Featuring drawing tools and a Live Edit mode, you can draw your own oscillator shapes and preview them in real-time. Audio import allows you to load in your own audio to be used as the oscillator waveform. Included is a curated selection of space-themed audio from the NASA sound library, plus exclusive content from production giants Noisia.
Connect to just about everything
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
- Two ways to create waveforms: Analogue-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables.
- A colossal amount of distortion: Three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain.
- Control expression: Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips.
- Cross-modulate oscillators: The three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice can become a linear FM source using either the analogue-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) or digital wavetables. They are also able to cross-modulate in a recursive loop.
- Huge modulation system: 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled from the front panel, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice.
- Easily switch modulations: Two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
- Mind-blowing sounds on board: Reverb, delay and chorus at your disposal, and there’s also an arpeggiator.
- Connect to hardware and software: Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware. CV modulation input is used to slot together modular systems.
What's in the Box:
- Novation Peak polyphonic synthesiser
- USB cable
- Power supply
Enjoy Three Years of Warranty
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three-year warranty if any Novation hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault.